The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is seeking applicants for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship (HKPFS), a prestigious award targeting top students from around the world. HKUST MAE Department is the place for you if you are interested in pursuing cutting-edge research in one of the following areas:
- Solid Mechanics and Dynamics
- Design and Smart Manufacturing
For additional information about our research, please visit https://www.mae.hkust.edu.hk/en/home.
Financial details regarding the HKPFS:
- Stipend: HK$322,800 (~US$41,400) per year for 4 years*
- HKUST RedBird PhD Scholarship: A Recruitment Scholarship of HK$40,000 (~US$5,100) in the first year and an Academic Excellence Scholarship of HK$20,000 (~US$2,550) per year, in the following years, subject to the academic performance
- Conference Travel Allowance: HK$13,500 (~US$1,730) per year for 4 years; and
- University Accommodation: Guaranteed in the first 2 years of research postgraduate studies
* subject to continual meeting of renewal conditions and compliance to Hong Kong Research Grants Council’s regulations
For more details about the HKPFS, please visit https://pg.ust.hk/prospective-students/scholarship-fees/hong-kong-phd-fellowship-scheme
If you wish to match with a faculty member, you may send your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. The letter should clearly state your intended research area and preferred thesis advisor.
You may submit your application directly through the HKUST website: https://pg.ust.hk/prospective-students/scholarship-fees/hong-kong-phd-fellowship-scheme