ICREA opens 10 senior research positions in the following areas:
- Social & Behavioural Sciences
- Life & Medical Sciences
Minimum requirements are a Ph.D. degree obtained preferably before 2014, with at least four years of international exposure at pre-doctoral and/or post-doctoral level.
Candidates in an expansive phase of their academic career, with strong research record and outstanding leadership capabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications from women are especially welcome. ICREA researchers are required to make substantial contributions to their own areas of research and to have a strong impact in the Catalan research system by becoming fully involved and active members of the Catalan research community.
Successful applicants will have a permanent contract with ICREA and will work at universities or research centres in Catalonia.
Salaries are in line with those at Catalan universities. ICREA research professors are subject to an evaluation of their research progress and general performance after a three-year period and, subsequently every five years. The evaluations are carried out by external evaluation committees that assess scientific production as well as research activity. Positive evaluations lead to salary increases.
The ICREA position is not compatible with a permanent contract outside the Catalan research system (not even part-time). Scholars holding a permanent position (even on leave of absence) in the Catalan research system for longer than 24 months on the deadline of this call, are not eligible.
Successful candidates are expected to join the host institution no later than September 2019.
Applications must be submitted electronically via this website before 2:00 pm (Central European Time) on Thursday, 15 March 2018.
The next ICREA call, in 2019, will open positions for the rest of the areas (Experimental Sciences & Mathematics and Engineering Sciences).
The application requires all the following items:
1. An on-line form for personal and professional data, a statement on research interests (2000 characters maximum), a list of the 5 most relevant publications, a statement of purpose (3000 characters maximum).
2. A single .pdf file (free format, maximum 15 pages and up to 4 Mb in size) containing the candidate’s CV in English.
3. The contact details of four referees, of which at least two must submit reference letters in English (PDF format). The reference letters must be uploaded by the referees before 2:00 pm (Central European Time) on Thursday, 15 March 2018.
To that effect, the system will generate links to be distributed by the candidate to each referee.
4. An expression of interest document from at least one host institution. Candidates must directly contact each institution (university or research centre in Catalonia) that they are interested in, and obtain the institution’s support. The host institution’s expression of interestform must be downloaded directly by the institution, using the link provided by their candidates. To that effect, the system will generate links to be distributed by each candidate to the host(s) institution(s). At the link, the institution will find instructions to submit the form (both electronically and by post). The form in both formats must be received by ICREA before 2:00pm (local time) on Thursday, 15 March 2018.
- New applicants may register at www.icrea.cat. Old applicants simply log in using their username and password. Candidates are requested to safely store their username and password, which will be needed to access and edit applications.
- Applications can be edited and saved as many times as necessary before submission.
- The system allows applicants to monitor file uploading by both referees and host institution(s). Please bear in mind that incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
- Applicants can confidentially provide names that they wish to be excluded from their evaluation process. This information is for ICREA only and will not be shared.
Protection of personal data: In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data, we hereby inform you that the personal data provided on this form and in your curriculum vitae will be included in our HUMAN RESOURCES file. This file is subject to our responsibility and the information contained therein shall be used for the purpose of communicating with you and completing the researcher selection process you have registered for. We hereby guarantee that your personal data will be handled in a confidential manner. This data is provided voluntarily, and you have the right to access the information contained in our file that concerns you, correct any errors, have your information deleted, or oppose its processing. With regard to the personal data concerning other individuals that you are required to provide us with within the framework of this selection process, prior to communicating said data you must inform the parties concerned of the points indicated in the preceding paragraphs. Having been duly informed in this document of the purposes for which your personal data will be used and of your rights with respect to said data, you hereby expressly consent and authorize the INSTITUCIÓ CATALANA DE RECERCA I ESTUDIS AVANÇATS, Passeig Lluis Companys, 23 (08010) Barcelona, to process, for the purposes indicated above, the personal data that you have freely provided. This authorization shall remain valid until cancelled by the owner of the data in question.