Deeply rooted in Montreal and dedicated to its international mission, Université de Montréal is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Like the city whose name it bears, it is effervescent and multicultural.
UdeM attracts over $500 million in research funding every year, making it one of the top three university research hubs in Canada. It also ranks among the top 100 universities wor1dwide and among the five best French language universities.
Through the achievements of the members of its community, UdeM participates in building today’s and tomorrow’s world.
The Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant in Plant molecular biology.
The Department of Biological Sciences is an important player in society. It trains qualified scientists and responsible citizens, contributes to the advancement of knowledge through its cutting-edge research, and supervises student researchers in a cross-disciplinary context, in order to apprehend and understand all facets of life – animal, plant and microbial – from the molecule to the ecosystem, and to promote a sustainable environment for future generations.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise graduate students, be active in research, publishing, and the transmission of knowledge, and contribute to the activities of the University.
- PhD in biological sciences or related discipline;
- An excellent publication record in the field;
- Demonstrate potential for developing internal collaborations
- Demonstrate ability to provide high-quality university teaching;
- An adequate knowledge of the French written and spoken language or a strong commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance to Université de Montréal’s Language Policy;
- an institutional learning support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
How to submit your application
The application file sent to the Department Chair should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter; application must include in the cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen/ permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
- Your curriculum vitæ;
- A copy of the three most important publications in the last five years;
- A statement of teaching and mentoring philosophy (maximum one page), specifying teaching experience and the type of teaching and mentoring proposed;
- A research program (maximum two pages);
- Letters of recommendation will be required upon request.
Application file and letters of recommendation must be sent by email before December 1st, 2023 to
Additional information about the position
Reference number – FAS 09-23 / 12
Application deadline – Until December 1st, 2023 inclusively
Salary – Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits
Starting date – As of June 1st, 2024, or after
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program (EAEP), UdeM invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will –confidentially – adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it.
UdeM embraces a broad and inclusive definition of diversity that goes beyond applicable laws, and therefore encourages all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of their characteristics. However, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
In order to measure the impact of its equity, diversity and inclusion actions, UdeM is collecting data on applicants identifying themselves with one of the groups targeted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, namely women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with limitations. To this end, we thank you for completing this self-identification questionnaire. The information you provide through this form is strictly confidential and will be shared only with those responsible for the UdeM EAEP. If you wish, you may also indicate that you belong to one of the targeted groups in your cover letter, which will be reviewed by the selection committee and the assembly of peers.
Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|