Peking Union Medical College (PUMC), founded in 1917, was the first medical school in China to offer an eight-year curriculum leading to an M.D. degree. It was merged with the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS) in 1957, a leading medical research facility. Now operating as a single institution, CAMS and PUMC have been at the forefront of medical research innovation in China for over a century, providing world-class research facilities, opportunities and expertise. CAMS and PUMC also play a pivotal role in advising the government on health policy research and medical education reforms, and in safeguarding public health.
All-rounded resources for global talent
As a core base for building a national medical science and technology innovation system, CAMS and PUMC provide abundant resources for bright minds from around the world, offering them a platform for growth. The national-level comprehensive research institution integrates medical research, education, services, prevention and Industry.
- 19 research institutes, 6 hospitals, and 9 schools
- 26 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences or the Chinese Academy of Engineering
- 1,073 PhD supervisors and 1,437 supervisors for Master student
- A CAMS Academic Advisory Committee with 6 academic divisions and 217 members, who are top scientists.
- 24 national platforms for intramural scientific research, including 6 State Key Laboratories and 5 National Clinical Research Centres
- 95 extramural research institutions or units cooperated with other domestic institutions since 2019
Talent-centered innovation-driven ecosystem for medical research
CAMS and PUMC offer full support to newly hired researchers, with internationally competitive compensation packages and research funding. To encourage curiosity-driven exploration, we provide abundant long-term, non-competitive grants so that investigators can concentrate on their basic research. CAMS Innovation Fund for Medical Sciences (CIFMS), covering almost all academic areas in medical sciences since 2016, will strongly provide sustainable support for global talent. These benefits are coupled with our advanced research facilities and equipment, along with ample student support. For those who focus more on applied research, we have rich clinical resources, with access to six hospitals and five national clinical medicine research centres. Various platforms are set up to support collaboration with internal and external groups. Having implemented a tenure-track system in line with international standards, we can also ensure sustained support for tenured faculty members. For younger researchers, we have a mentor system to offer advice on grant applications, project management, and more. In addition, housing allowances, as well as office and lab space will be offered. CAMS and PUMC aim to provide the best environment for researchers.
Welcome global talents in all areas of medical and health sciences
CAMS and PUMC are looking for high-calibre candidates with extensive research experience in all medical and health-related fields. Applicants specialising in clinical medicine and basic medical sciences, biology, pharmacy, health and environmental sciences, biomedical engineering and informatics, social science and humanities, as well as cutting-edge technologies and multidisciplinary fields are all welcome.
The Excellent Young Scientists Fund (Overseas)
The Excellent Young Scientists Fund (Overseas) (hereinafter referred to as the “EYSF”) is one of the key programs of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). We invite qualified young talents to apply for the CAMS–PUMC-based EYSF, to join us in building CAMS PUMC into a core base of innovation for medical science and technology in China and a world-class medical college.
1. Abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China, demonstrate scientific integrity, and actively practice the spirit of scientists in the new era.
2. Hold a Ph.D. from a well-known domestic or overseas university.
3. Main research interests include natural science and engineering technology.
4. Before applying for the project, the applicant should have obtained formal teaching or research positions in overseas universities, institutions or R&D industries, with more than 36 consecutive months of working experience. For those who have obtained a Ph.D. overseas and have made outstanding achievements, the required length of working experience can be commensurately reduced.
5. An outstanding and peer-recognized track record of scientific research or technological innovation, and the potential to become an academic leader or deliver excellence in this field.
6. The applicant has not returned to China to get a full-time job, or has returned to China but worked for no more than 1 year. After receiving the funding notice, the applicant should resign from overseas jobs or have no jobs abroad, and return home (come to China) to work full time for at least 3 years.
Kindly reminder: the specific qualifications shall be subject to NSFC’s guidelines for this program issued in 2022 (https://www.nsfc.gov.cn/publish/portal0/tab948/info83270.htm).
How to apply
Please send all the required application materials as one PDF document (in both Chinese and English). The Chinese resume shall contain basic personal information, contact details, learning and work experience, and major academic achievements (papers, projects, patents, honors and awards, etc.) Please attach your cover letter with an email title in the format of ‘Applicant name – Affiliated institutions/hospitals – EYSF application’ to the Personnel Office while cc’ing the relevant institutions/hospitals. After receiving your resume, we will contact you and provide follow-up guidance and help for the application.
1. Personnel Office (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Wang, Mr. Li
Phone: +86-10-65105928, +86-10-65105703
2．Peking Union Medical College Hospital (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Liu
3．Fuwai Hospital (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Wang
4．Cancer Hospital (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Ma
5．Plastic Surgery Hospital (Beijing)
Contact person：Mr. Fu
6．Institute of Basic Medical Sciences (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Wang
7．Institute of Material Medica (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Wu
8．Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology (Beijing)
Contact person：Mr. Xin
9．Institute of Medicinal Plant Development (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Qin
10．Institute of Medical Information (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Wang
11．Institute of Laboratory Animal Sciences (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Liu
12．Institute of Microcirculation (Beijing)
Contact person：Mr. Yuan
13．Institute of Pathogen Biology (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Lei
14．Blood Diseases Hospital/Institute of Hematology (Tianjin)
Contact person：Ms. Zhu
15．Institute of Radiation Medicine (Tianjin)
Contact person：Mr. Li
16．Institute of Biomedical Engineering (Tianjin)
Contact person：Ms. Xiao
17．Hospital for Skin Diseases/Institute of Dermatology (Nanjing)
Contact person：Mr. Sun
18．Institute of Blood Transfusion (Chengdu)
Contact person：Mr. Liu
19．Institute of Systems Medicine (Suzhou)
Contact person：Ms. Jin
20．Institute of Medical Biology (Kunming)
Contact person：Ms. Guo
21．School of Nursing (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Huang
22．School of Population Medicine and Public Health (Beijing)
Contact person：Mr. Bian
23．School of Health Policy and Management (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Li
24．School of Humanities and Social Sciences (Beijing)
Contact person：Ms. Lin
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|