The International School of Medicine, Zhejiang University (Under Construction) (hereinafter referred to as the International School of Medicine) is a secondary college run and managed by Zhejiang University. Huang Hefeng, an academician from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and a famous reproductive medicine scientist, has been appointed as the Dean of the International School of Medicine. Leveraging the strengths of ZJU, the International School of Medicine focuses on national strategic needs and the deployment of “double first-class” construction. It aims to build an international, cutting-edge and research-oriented higher medical education institution to explore how local internationalization leads to innovations in medical science, and begins a new educational journey opening to the outside world.
The Fourth Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine is a provincial-level, comprehensive, tertiary, class-A hospital integrating medicine, education and research and is directly affiliated with Zhejiang University. It has a planned 4,300 beds and is ranked top 10% of the tertiary public hospitals in China making it the youngest hospital in the country to earn that award.
The International Institute of Medicine, Zhejiang University, as a scientific research support and translational medicine research platform, has been approved as the first batch of new provincial-level R&D institutions in Zhejiang Province as part of the Zhejiang Engineering Research Center for Future Pathology, which have now been put into use. Over ten young PI groups have joined, making an international and cutting-edge research team already carrying out high-level clinical translation and cutting-edge multidisciplinary cooperation. Additional infrastructure will be built, including a public technology platform and PI laboratory including microscopic imaging, gene sequencing analysis, flow cytometry, drug and nano-drug screening, and pathological analysis. A total research area of more than 20,000 square meters provides a solid foundation for scientific research.
The Excellent Young Scientists Fund (Overseas) (EYSF) is one of the key programs of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). Qualified young talent is cordially invited to apply for the EYSF, and join us in building an International Hub for Health in Zhejiang Province, China.
1. Abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China, demonstrate scientific integrity, and actively practice the spirit of science in the new era.
2. Date of birth on or after January 1, 1982.
3. Hold a Ph.D. from a well-known domestic or overseas university.
4. As of April 15, 2022, the applicant should have generally obtained formal teaching or scientific research positions in overseas universities, scientific research institutions, as well as R&D institutions, and have more than 36 consecutive months of working experience; those who have obtained a doctorate degree overseas and have outstanding achievements may have more flexibility in the above;
5. An outstanding and peer-recognized achievement of scientific research or technological innovation, and the potential to become an academic leader or outstanding talent in this field.
6. The applicant has not returned to China for full-time employment, or has returned to China but worked for no more than 1 year. After receiving the funding notice, the applicant should resign any overseas positions, and return home (to China) to work full time for at least 3 years.
Recipients must implement the requirements of the relevant central departments on the overall coordination of the national scientific and technological talent plan. During the support period of the national science and technology talent plan at the same level, only one position may be held and the post may not be resigned.
Funding and Support
1. Academic environment: Share the first-class academic reputation, advanced scientific research platform, excellent academic ecology and open scientific research environment of Zhejiang University;
2. Salary: generous salary (depending on experience), in addition to support from the Yiwu Municipal Government, providing corresponding allowances and resettlement subsidies according to the type of expertise;
3. Scientific research funding: besides a fund of RMB 1-3 million for a three-year period provided by the NSFC, a scientific research start-up funding of no less than RMB 3 million will be also provided.
4. Housing arrangement: live in temporary housing for researchers , and enjoy a housing subsidy of 1.4 million in Yiwu City, or have the opportunity to enjoy a talent apartment in Yiwu according to policies;
5. Other support: Appointed as a researcher of the “Hundred Talents Program”, a teacher position with official career establishment at Zhejiang University engaged in teaching and research; qualified for doctoral student enrollment, with an average of at least 1 doctoral student place per year in the first three years, and the recruitment of postdoctoral students and technicians will be supported;
6. Assistance in spousal hiring or job placement, and preferential admission policies and conditions for applicants’ children.
7. Provide overseas exchange opportunities.
Note to applicants:
1. Beginning February 15, 2022, eligible applicants can sign a work contract or an intentional agreement in accordance with the requirements of the project guidelines, log in to the information system, and complete the NSFC Excellent Young Scholars Fund (Overseas) Application Form (hereinafter referred to as the application form). The applicant is responsible for the authenticity of the submitted application materials.
2. Applicants should fill in the application form online in simplified Chinese or English in accordance with the requirements for filling in the application form and writing the outline, and upload the attachments and other materials.
3. Excellent Young Scholars Fund (Overseas) implements a paperless application method. The applicant submits the electronic application form, attachments, impartiality commitment and other materials to the supporting unit online, and the supporting unit will submit it to the Natural Science Foundation of China online after review.
4. The project application deadline is April 15, 2022.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their resume to the email：email@example.com. Please indicate that the application is for the Excellent Young Scholars Fund (Overseas) project in the email. The resume should include basic personal information, contact information, study and work experience, and main academic achievements. (3-5 representative papers, projects, patents and awards, etc.).
Contact: Mr. Lou, Miss. Yu
We look forward to receiving your application.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research, Health and Care|