The joint DFG Research Training Group 2887 “VISION – Visualization and Imaging in Viral Infection” between Universität zu Lübeck and Universität Hamburg invites applications for
Eleven (11) Ph.D. Positions
to start at October 1st, 2023, with a salary of 65% grade 13 (TV-L E13) and a four-year term with social security and healthcare contributions.
The Research Training Group (RTG)
The RTG offers young researchers a unique opportunity to join an international and interdisciplinary PhD program between structural biology, biomedicine and virology in a vibrant research community, comprised of doctoral researchers, seventeen principal investigators/doctoral supervisors and an international network of research partners from the disciplines of molecular and structural virology.
More details about individual positions are available here:
We are looking forward to applications from individuals with:
- An excellent master’s degree or equivalent in biology, physics, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular life sciences, infection biology or a related subject
- A high motivation and a strong interest in the combination of structural biology and virology
- Conscientiousness, a structured working approach and a strong work ethic
- Commitment, team and communication skills, independence and flexibility
- Good spoken and written English
We offer a work environment providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, sexual identity, disability, origin or religion. This is confirmed by our accession to the Charta of Diversity. We explicitly aim to increase the proportion of women in leadership positions, especially among scientific personnel in research and teaching. Women with equal qualifications will be given priority. The same applies in the case of under-representation of one gender in the advertised area. Persons with severe disability with equal aptitude, competence and professional performance will be given priority.
Applications are to be submitted as email attachment (a single PDF file) to email@example.com with the subject “VISION application” and need to contain:
- Letter of motivation indicating the three VISION projects you are most interested in
- CV including two references
- Certificates (University entrance, qualification, BSc, and MSc)
- Abstract of Master thesis (1 page) including a summary of experimental skills
- List of publications (if applicable)
We look forward to receiving your completed application by June 6th, 2023. Short-listed candidates will be invited to a selection symposium to be held July 11th/12th, 2023 in Hamburg.