→ Apply before 18/08/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department: GE39 – Volksgezondheid en Eerstelijnszorg
→ Occupancy rate:15%
→ Number of positions: 1
→ Type of employment: Contract of limited duration
→ Term of assignment: 1 jaar
→ Wage scale: PD1 to PD4 (doctoral degree)
→ Required diploma: PhD
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students
- To pursue research focusing on malnutrition in all its forms. Research themes include:
- Infant and young child feeding practices
- Management of severe acute malnutrition- underlying risks for non-responsiveness
- Micronutrient deficiencies (anemia, iron, vitamin A, B12, folic acid)
- Nutrition in school-age children and cognitive development
- Double burden of malnutrition in populations in nutritional transition
- Behavior change communication
- Nutrition and morbidity in people living with HIV/AIDS
- Sustainable agriculture and community nutrition
- To advise and guide PhD students from the Global South in their data analysis, manuscript writing and publishing their results
- To participate in the dissemination workshops.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a higher university degree (PhD) in a field related to food systems, nutrition, epidemiology, or statistics and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Specific professional experience related to guiding PhD students.
- Should have experience with nutrition research in low-income countries
- Proficiency in English
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period from (1/9/2023 till 31/8/2024)
- Your contract will start on 1/9/2023.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale PD1 to PD4. Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field “other documents”: a reference letter
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Stefaan De Henauw (Stefaan.DeHenauw@UGent.be +32(0)9/3323679). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.