Join our university – as soon as possible, full-time and fixed-term until 31.12.2026
Research positions in edge computing
Faculty of Computer Science (Salary level: 13 TV-L)
Today, edge computing is one of the most exciting areas in the computer and network industry.
Together with leading industry partners the university of applied sciences and arts in Dortmund, Germany, is developing innovative tools to improve the performance for demanding edge applications (e.g. autonomous driving, augmented reality, drone control).
Join us in a number of open positions to conduct exciting research within a multi-national team with the option of obtaining your Ph.D..
Your future field of work:
- Delivering an edge emulation and diagnostics toolset to measure, analyse and optimize the performance of edge applications
- Creating appropriate software solutions, identifying innovative network approaches, integrating functional components into an end-to-end solution
- Applying latest 5G/6G concepts, peer-to-peer networking, agile software development
- Identifying your own research areas in alignment with the project objectives and constraints
- Creating scientific publications on edge research for conferences and journals
- Working in an excellent lab environment (e.g. 5G campus network, high-performance server cluster)
Your area of qualifications and expertise:
- Solid know-how and experience with network technologies (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching)
- Knowledge of and experience in software development
- Good understanding of virtualization-, container- and orchestration technologies
- Willingness to learn about edge computing, system performance optimization, 5G / 6G technologies and applied artificial intelligence
- A good level of written and spoken English is mandatory for this position, German language skills are not required.
For further information and to apply please visit our landing page www.fh.do/emulate-jobs
Prof. Dr. Schuster
Prof. Dr. Recker
+49 (0231 9112-6783)
We are looking forward to applications by an open-minded, inquisitive and committed person with a sense for the essential and thinking outside of the box.
As an employer, Fachhochschule Dortmund…
offers – the advantages of working in public service, in particularemployment under the Collective Agreement for Public Service of theFederal States (TV-L).
promotes – the application of the latest scientific findings and theongoing development through an extensive range of further educationand training opportunities.
focusses – on family and health by providing flexible work-/part-timesolutions, telework/home office as well as offers by the Family Serviceand Health Management.
provides – a modern university environment characterized by uniquecampus locations and good accessibility in the middle of the vibrant RuhrMetropolis Dortmund.
We encourage applications of qualified persons with severe disabilities and persons with disabilities with equivalent status in accordance with section 2of the German Social Security Code (SGB) IX. We are also aiming to increase the proportion of women at our university and therefore particularly welcome applications from female candidates. This position is also suitable for part-time employment.
Become a Future Maker
Become a part of Fachhochschule Dortmund – University of Applied Science and Arts
With around 15,000 students and 900 employees, our university is one of the ten largest universities of applied science in Germany. More than 70 study programs offer Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in computer science, engineering, business and social sciences, as well as in architecture and design. An excellent teaching and learning environment are the best basis for making our students Future Makers of tomorrow. Third-party funded research and numerous transfer projects establish direct connections to local companies. At the same time, Fachhochschule Dortmund gives sustainable impetus to the science location and the region.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|