→ Apply until 03/10/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
→ Department DI11 – Morphology, Imaging, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation and Nutrition
→ AAP temporary appointment – 20%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202309/DI11/PA/008
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 9,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- You will assist in the practice-based teaching at the department, and specifically at the unit of Veterinary Morphology (i.e. organization, counselling and assessment of practical exercises and seminars), specifically the following courses Anatomy (Study of Vertebrates and General Anatomy, Topographic and Clinical Anatomy I & II), Histology (Cell Biology, General & Specific Histology) and Embryology & Teratology
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master in Veterinary Medicine (or an equivalent Veterinary Degree) The degree requirement needs to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted
- You are involved in other professional activities and/or you have demonstrable experience that may contribute to the quality of the practice-based teaching at the department
- You are interested in a teaching assignment in the field concerned
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a 1 year appointment, which may be renewed indefinitely for five years at a time. Attention: You cannot be appointed for a cumulative percentage of more than 30% as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University
- Your appointment will start on 1 November 2023 at the earliest
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of paid leave (per year for a full-time employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv in pdf format
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted (if already in your possession, if not, you need to be able to provide proof that you have applied for a certificate of equivalence at the start of your appointment). The certificate can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en. For diplomas awarded in the UK before January 31st of 2020, a certificate of equivalence is not required
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Pieter Cornillie (pieter.cornillie@UGent.be, +32 09/264 77 22).
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|