Aix-Marseille University has made international mobility and the welcome of international students a pillar of its internationalisation policy. It has therefore set up a unique scholarship system to finance excellent students wishing to enroll at the university. From the beginning of the new academic year, 16 master’s programs will be able to award these scholarships to their best international candidates.
AIX-MARSEILLE UNIVERSITY LAUNCHES ITS TIGER MASTER EXCELLENCE SCOLARSHIPS
Within the framework of the TIGER project (Transforming and Innovating in Graduate Education via Research) financed by the French government’s Plan d’Investissement d’Avenir, Aix-Marseille Université has set up a number of measures to further increase its internationalisation. Aix-Marseille Université has chosen its institutes, the true expression of the university’s interdisciplinary dimension, to anchor these new measures..
From the start of the 2022/2023 academic year, the university is going to finance international students with excellent backgrounds to join the ranks of these entities combining teaching, innovation and high-level research.
What is a TIGER Master Excellence Scolarship?
The TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships are awarded under selection by Aix-Marseille University to Master’s level students enrolled in one of the 16 selected programs from the beginning of the 2022/2023 academic year.
Being awarded a TIGER scholarship means receiving financial support, accommodation and a personalized welcome::
|Aix-Marseille University will finance you up to €10,000 for one academic year.||Aix-Marseille University books a room for you in a CROUS university residence(provided you complete the necessary procedures within the allotted time)||Aix-Marseille University will support you upon your arrival in France and will guide you throughout your stay.|
How to apply?
For the 2022/2023 academic year, the application for TIGER scholarships is automatic when you apply (via the Etudes en France or eCandidat platforms) for one of the masters listed below. With your acceptance letter you will receive the notification whether you have been selected for the TIGER Excellence Scholarship.
Prospective students should refer to the relevant track page and may contact the academic head for any questions.
Please note that being accepted for a TIGER scholarship does not exempt students from paying tuition fees to the university.
Non-EU applicants, please refer to our page Tuition fees for non EU students.
Which masters are concerned by the TIGER Master Excellence Scholarships
- Master in Microbiology, Integrative and Fundamental Microbiology track
- Master of Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies, Nanoscale and quantum engineering (NQE) / Nano-ingénierie et dispositifs quantiques (NDQ) track
- Master of Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (co-accredited with the Ecole des Mines de Saint-Etienne – Campus de Gardanne), Chemical Nano-Engineering (CNE) track (ErasmusMundus)
- Master of Physics, Europhotonics (ErasmusMundus)
- Master of Physics, FunPhys
- Master of Mechanics, Fluids and Solids
- Master of Mathematics and Applications – Computer Science, Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics track
- Master of Integrative Biology and Physiology (BIP)
In Medical and paramedical sciences
- Master of Public Health, Quantitative and Econometric Methods for Health Research (MQERS)
- Master of Public Health Societies Development (SPSD)
In Arts, Letters, Languages and Human Sciences
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, sciences for archaeology, Momarch course
- Master’s degree in geography, planning, environment and development: Geomatics and spatial modeling
In Sciences of the Universe and the Environment
- Master’s degree in Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution (BEE), Biodiversity: functions and conservation course
- Master’s degree in Environmental Management, MAEVA course – Management of the Environment, Valuation and Analysis
- Master’s degree in Marine Sciences, course in Biological Oceanography and Marine Ecology (OBEM)
- Master’s degree in Marine Sciences, Physical and Biogeochemical Oceanography (OPB)