The AJA Foundation seeks to help those who have done everything society asks of them, yet for whom access to essential resources and the probability for advancement that comes from them remain elusive at best and structurally impossible at worst. AJA Foundation is dedicated to leveling the playing field by investing globally in organizations addressing what they see as fundamental human rights with a focus on equal access to clean water, quality education and essential healthcare.
What They Fund?
- Human Rights
- AJA Foundation supports a wide variety of organizations globally that defend human rights, aid refugees and provide social services. Whether helping an individual or a particular community, they are particularly interested in combatting injustice and inequality by supporting solutions that address the root causes and/or address structural change.
- Because ready access to clean water is a critical component of overall health and directly impacts many other aspects of society including education, employment, the economy and gender equality, AJA Foundation has a particular commitment to providing renewable clean water in rural African villages.
- The grantmaking in the health category supports organizations delivering high quality essential health services to those people unable to access or afford it. The majority of the focus is in developing countries.
- The education grantmaking focuses on helping students who have generally excelled in school but lack the finances, curriculum or support to reach their full potential. They support a variety of programs in the United States and abroad that make tutoring, mentoring, advanced coursework and scholarships available to deserving students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds.
- The grants vary depending on program.
- Due to funding constraints, they are able to consider only one request per organization annually. If your request is declined, your organization will be eligible to apply again 12 months after the date of your declination.
- The Foundation funds globally.
For more information, visit AJA Foundation.
|Job Category||Internship and training|