Are you interested in Epigenetics and in crossing borders? Come and join us for our fully funded collaborative 3-year PhD program “EpiCrossBorders”, the International Helmholtz Munich–Edinburgh Research School for Epigenetics.
Two outstanding epigenetics research hubs, at Helmholtz Munich and the University of Edinburgh, launch a call for their joint PhD program, EpiCrossBorders, to attract and train future generations of scientific leaders in an outstanding, multicultural, and vibrant environment.
Fully funded PhD positions (f/m/x) at EpiCrossBorders – the International Helmholtz Munich–Edinburgh Research School for Epigenetics
- Supervision and mentoring from leading research scientists in Munich and Edinburgh
- Cutting-edge interdisciplinary research projects in epigenetics, from single cells to human health, with a focus on computational biology and machine learning
- Unique Munich-Edinburgh collaboration and a 6 – 12 month mobility program to join a partner lab in Edinburgh as part of your project
- An innovative, English-speaking structured PhD program: thesis advisory board, scientific and professional skills courses, international conferences, and individual career development support
- PhD degree awarded by one of Munich‘s excellence universities: TUM or LMU
- Additional funds for creative projects to bridge science and society
Our call for fully funded PhD positions in Munich is now open, with deadline for submissions on April 7th, 2023!
EpiCrossBorders is looking for enthusiastic PhD students to join the Epigenetics@HMGU research groups based at Helmholtz Munich. We invite highly talented and motivated students from around the world to apply to our international Epigenetics research program. Together we will bridge national and disciplinary boundaries to make great discoveries!
PhD projects within the call aim for major discoveries in:
- Molecular Epidemiology
- Dynamic nuclear structures
- Single cell multi-omics & machine learning
- Computational Biology
- Mathematical modelling & AI
- Statistical methods for spatial ‘-omics’
- High throughput -omics methods
Becoming part of our interdisciplinary epigenetics community and our unique exchange program will allow you to establish an international network that will last beyond your PhD.
Are you interested? Details on the program, the PhD projects, eligibility, and how to apply can be found here: https://www.helmholtzresearchschool-epigenetics.org/.
Application deadline is April 30th, 2023.
We are inviting students with a Master’s degree (or equivalent degree)* in computational biology, computer science, mathematics, epidemiology/public health science, biological sciences, (bio)chemistry, biomedicine, or related disciplines, who have excellent English language skills and a drive to pursue their PhD in an international and multi-disciplinary setting.
*Applicants should have obtained their degree latest before the start of the PhD. Applicants with a four-year BSc and without an MSc, please contact the research school office directly (epig‑rs@helmholtz‑muenchen.de).