Are you a highly motivated and skilled researcher seeking an exciting opportunity to delve into the captivating world of Nanobiophysics? Look no further! The Nanobiophysics lab at UCLouvain, under the guidance of Prof. David Alsteens, is currently offering a postdoctoral position funded by an ERC Consolidator grant for a duration of 1 year, with the potential for renewal up to 5 years.
About the Nanobiophysics Lab:
The Nanobiophysics lab at UCLouvain is at the forefront of cutting-edge research, focusing on the captivating field of virus-host interactions using atomic force microscopy (AFM). A dynamic team of researchers explores the intricate interplay between viruses and their hosts at the nanoscale level, contributing to groundbreaking advancements in the field of Nanobiophysics.
As a postdoctoral researcher in our lab, you will have the opportunity to work alongside an enthusiastic and diverse group of scientists, providing a stimulating and collaborative environment for your research endeavors. Your main responsibilities will involve the application of cell culture, tissue culture, and organic culture techniques to study virus-host interactions using AFM using imaging techniques. Proficiency in cell culture (from cell to organdies) as well as skills in imaging techniques, specifically fluorescence and confocal microscopy, will be crucial to unraveling the intricacies of these interactions.
We are seeking candidates who possess the following qualifications:
- A Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (Biophysics, Nanobiotechnology, Virology, Cell Biology, or a related discipline).
- Strong experience and expertise in cell culture, tissue culture, and organic culture techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency in fluorescence and confocal microscopy for imaging applications.
- An impressive track record of research accomplishments as evidenced by publications and contributions to the field.
- A passion for Nanobiophysics and a genuine curiosity to explore the fascinating world of virus-host interactions.
To apply for this position, please prepare the following documents:
- A compelling cover letter outlining your previous research accomplishments, why you are enthusiastic about joining our lab, and how your expertise aligns with our research focus.
- An updated CV showcasing your educational background, research experience, and publications.
- The names and contact information of three professional references who can speak to your qualifications and suitability for this postdoctoral position.
How to Apply:
Submit your application documents in a single PDF file via email to David.email@example.com with the subject line “Postdoc Application ERC – Nanobiophysics Lab.” Applications will be accepted until October 15th.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research in Nanobiophysics with Prof. David Alsteens and his dynamic team at UCLouvain, funded by an ERC Consolidator grant. We eagerly await your application and look forward to welcoming a talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher into our lab!
Join us on this journey of discovery and make a significant impact on the fascinating world of virus-host interactions!
Biological sciences » Biological engineering
PhD or equivalent