The Yongriver Institute of Technology (YITech) is an emerging private not-for-profit university funded by the largest private donation in the history of Chinese higher education from the Yu Renrong Education Foundation and supported by the governments of Zhejiang Province and Ningbo City. YITech is named after the Yong River, which flows through Ningbo City into the East China Sea. YITech is being established by the Eastern Institute for Advanced Study (EIAS) in Ningbo of Zhejiang Province, an eastern coastal city that forms a strategic triangle with Shanghai and Hangzhou. YITech aims to become a world-class university with emphasis on innovative, interdisciplinary and impactful research and teaching in science, engineering, information technology and business management.
The senior leadership team of YITech has stellar academic reputations and extensive experiences in founding and nurturing first-class university enterprises. YITech offers extraordinary career opportunities for scholars with exceptional academic credentials and international perspectives. We invite global talents to join us in our exciting, stimulating and pioneering endeavor to build a world-class research and education entity, and to witness the rise of a leading international university at the heart of one of the oldest and most culturally rich cities in China.
We are seeking outstanding, enthusiastic, and innovative-thinking global talents who are committed to research and teaching excellence to fill multiple tenure-track or tenured faculty positions.
Faculty positions are open at four ranks: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor, and Chair Professor. Research disciplines at YITech include but are not limited to:
- Science: Theoretical and applied mathematics, statistics and data science, physics, chemistry, and life science.
- Engineering: Mechanics and aerospace engineering, robotics, mechanical engineering, advanced materials, chemical and energy engineering, biomedical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, and oceanography.
- Information Science and Technology: Electronics, microelectronics, integrated circuits, computing, artificial intelligence, software engineering, automation control, and information and communication engineering.
- Business: Financial engineering, financial technology, digital transformation management, and applied economics.
YITech provides globally competitive salaries and generous start-up funds, commensurate with qualifications and experiences. The start-up package includes stable research funding for research equipment acquisition, laboratory technicians, and graduate students and postdocs. The compensation package comes with a full range of fringe benefits, including health insurance, housing allowance, children’s education, and retirement annuity.
Qualified candidates must have a Ph.D. or equivalent graduate degree in a related field, a demonstrated record of research achievement with publications in the top journals of their respective fields, and a commitment to teaching and student mentoring. Candidates must have a good command of English and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants should submit:
(1) a full curriculum vitae with a complete publication list;
(2) a statement of research interest and future plans;
(3) a statement of teaching interest and philosophy;
(4) full text of five recent representative papers; and
(5) full contact information of 3-5 references, including their affiliation, phone number and email address.
Review of applications will begin immediately and all required materials need to be submitted for full consideration. Qualified candidates will be invited for onsite or online interviews. Please submit your application as a complete package, including all requested documents, in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Qin Tang
Office of Human Resources
Eastern Institute for Advanced Study, and
Yongriver Institute of Technology
For more information, please visit: https://www.eias.ac.cn/.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|