- Each year around 15 million Swedish crowns (1.4 million euros / 1.7 million US dollars) awarded in the form of grants
- A selective merit-based scholarship to recognize the best university students outside the EU / EEA
As the top 100 universities and ranked in the top 0.4% of universities worldwide, the University of Lund attracts high-performing students from around the world. The Lund University Global Scholarship Program aims to recognize these students by providing scholarships for academic excellence.
Scholarship recipients have a proven track record of achieving high and consistent marks in their previous studies and are assessed as being well suited to our programs. The scholarship is selective, competitive and based on merit.
Scholarships can cover 25%, 50%, 75% or up to 100% of tuition fees. The percentage of scholarships awarded depends on the budget available for the program / faculty. He has no thoughts on the level of academic excellence of the students. Please note that the scholarships are for tuition only and that living expenses are not covered. Fellows must always be able to finance their living expenses, in accordance with the requirements of the Swedish Migration Board.
To be eligible for a scholarship application, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a non-EU / EEA country (and Switzerland) and you must pay tuition fees
- You have made a full application for undergraduate or master’s level studies at Lund University in a regular application cycle for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS). Note that priority is given to students who have classified a program at Lund University as the first choice in their application to universityadmissions.se.
If you are a current student already studying at Lund University, please refer to the information on scholarships for current students.
Please do not apply if:
- You do not meet the admission requirements for Lund University
- You have not selected a Lund University program / course as your first choice / choice at universityadmissions.se
- You cannot get the funding you need to cover living expenses, as required by the Swedish Migration Agency
When and how to apply
The next application period will open in early February 2020 .
To apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first apply to the independent program (s) or course (s) you wish to study at Lund University using the site National online application web, www.universityadmissions.se , application period. Once you have fully applied to a diploma or stand-alone program of at least 30 ECTS credits and paid the application fee, you will be able to apply for the scholarship.
As part of this online application, you must download your scholarship “motivation letter” (maximum 600 words) from the scholarship application portal. Please note that the scholarship “motivation letter” is different from any declaration of intent that you may be required to submit as part of your application. Your personal scholarship “cover letter” should explain why your academic performance and the reasons for applying for Lund University make you an appropriate recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
You can only apply for one Lund University global scholarship per program or independent course. However, you can still apply for other scholarships, such as (for example) scholarships from the Swedish Institute.
Selection process – based on academic merits
The scholarship selection process is undertaken in parallel with the program / course selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance, who are judged to be well suited to the program, who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Lund University and who have chosen a program / course at the University de Lund as first choice / choice. when applying on www.universityadmissions.se .
As the scholarship is based solely on merit, no consideration is taken into account the financial needs of students in the selection process.