PostDoc in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology
(Valid from 06/04/2022 to 08/06/2022)
Language: English (UK)
Job Number: UOL04901
Contract Fixed Term Contract
Duration 24 Month
Schedule Full Time
Work Hours 40.0 Hours per Week
Job Postdoctoral researcher
The University | About us…
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was
founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary
centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial
Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data
Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its
“international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
Within the University, the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is a highly interdisciplinary research centre (IC), integrating experimental
biology and computational biology approaches in order to develop the foundation of a future predictive, preventive and personalized medicine.
We seek a highly motivated bioinformatician or computational biologist who is well versed in the analysis of biological data and bioscientific
programming for a project on the study of neurodegenerative disorders. The candidate should have experience in the analysis of large-scale biomedical
data (omics, clinical or neuroimaging data), using statistical methods, pathway/network analysis and machine learning. The candidate will conduct
integrative stratification analyses, focusing on omics and clinical data, and digital sensor or neuroimaging data for neurodegenerative diseases. This
will include the review, set-up and application of software analysis pipelines, and the joint interpretation of disease-related data together with
experimental and clinical collaborators. The project will use new biological high-throughput data from patients, healthy controls, as well as in-vitro
and in-vivo disease models. With the help of statistics, machine learning and pathway- and network- and analyses, the goal is to improve the mechanistic
understanding of disease-associated alterations in common neurological disorders.
What we expect from you…
* The candidate will have a PhD or equivalent degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics or related subject areas
* Prior experience in large-scale data processing and statistics / machine learning is required
* A track record of previous publications in bioinformatics analysis of large-scale biological data (e.g. omics, clinical, structural bioinformatics,
neuroimaging data) should be outlined in the CV
* Demonstrated skills and knowledge in next-generation sequencing data analysis, biostatistics, machine learning, pathway and network analysis are
* The candidate should have a cross-disciplinary aptitude, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a keen interest in collaborative
* Fluency in oral and written English
* An opportunity to join the Luxembourg Centre of Systems Biomedicine with an international and interdisciplinary ethos.
* Working in a scientifically stimulating, innovative, dynamic, well- equipped, and international surrounding.
* Opportunity to work closely with international academic partners.
* State-of-the-art research facilities and computational equipment
* Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (extension possible)
* Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
* Starting date: As soon as possible
* Location: Belval
* Job Reference: UOL04901
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 75.285 (full time)
How to apply…
Applications should contain the following documents (combined into one pdf document):
* A detailed Curriculum vitae
* A motivation letter, including a brief description of past research experience and future interests, as well as the earliest possible starting date
* Copies of degree certificates and transcripts
* Name and contact details of at least two referees
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications
by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to
gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
* Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of
the Greater Region” (UniGR).
* A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site
with excellent infrastructure.
* A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous
non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
* Find out more about the University
* Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Glaab (email@example.com)
Apply here https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?ID=PSAFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4I3&nPostingTargetId=105942&nPostingId=73256
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Springer Nature Limited does not accept liability for any statements
made which are clearly the sender’s own and not expressly made on behalf of
Springer Nature Ltd or one of their agents.
Please note that Springer Nature Limited and their agents and affiliates do not
accept any responsibility for viruses or malware that may be contained in this
e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
attachments (if any).
Springer Nature Limited. Registered office: The Campus, 4 Crinan Street, London,
N1 9XW. Registered Number: 00785998 England.
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research, Postdoctoral|